FLOOD INFORMATION UPDATED AT 9:15 PM CT Sunday 4/30/17
FLASH FLOOD WARNING for Branson and areas downstream of Lake Taneycomo in Southwestern Taney County until 12:15 PM Monday.
FLOOD WARNING for Stone and Taney Counties until 9:15 PM Monday
FLOOD WARNING for Barry County until 11:30 AM Monday
Branson Emergency Operations Center is open. Their number is 417-243-2791.
Branson residents who experienced flooding in 2015, or who are within 1 block of areas that experienced flooding in 2015, are encouraged to evacuate those areas now.
An evacuation center has been setup at United Methodist Church on West Highway 76.
Several area lodging facilities including Classic Motor Inn on Shepherd Of The Hills Expressway in Branson are offering discount lodging for displaced residents.
Areas of Business 65, Highway 165, Fall Creek Road Near Country Bluff and Meadows Treatment Plants, and Roark Valley Road are flooding.
Lakewood Estates has been evacuated and many roads in Pointe Royale are reported flooded.
Portions of the parking areas, the fountain, and lower walkways at Branson Landing are flooded.
An evacuation center has been setup at the Old Middle School in Reeds Spring.
Downtown Reeds Spring is flooded and has been evacuated.
A Boil Order is in effect until further notice for Reeds Spring.
Re: State Hwy 13 at the Kimberling City bridge-There is no intention of closing the bridge with the projected increase in the levels of Tablerock Lake.
The signboards and supplies were staged should the situation change.
Parts of Barker Hill Rd, Cross Timbers Rd, Old Cheese Plant Rd, Round Mountain Rd and Slough Hollow Rd are closed due to flooding.
Statewide, more than 100 evacuations and 33 rescues have been reported. Missouri Governor Eric Greitens has declared a State Of Emergency for Southern Missouri.
At least 2 people have been killed by the flooding across the state so far.
Heavy rains over the weekend have closed 350 roads across the state. Currently Interstate 44 is closed between Rolla and Lebanon and is not expected to reopen until mid to late week.
Cross state travelers should avoid using I-44. Please use Interstate 70 between St. Louis and Kansas City and then use Interstate 49 to Joplin to reconnect to Interstate 44.
The detoured traffic between Rolla and Lebanon is experiencing severe delays.
The following are some of the major routes that will be closed and affect Monday morning’s commute:
· I-44 between Rolla and Lebanon
· Route 141 at I-44 in St. Louis County will close this evening
· Route 63 near Vienna, between Rolla and Jefferson City will close this afternoon
· Route 50 at Mount Sterling in Gasconade County will close overnight
· Route 61 in Troy may reopen sometime Monday but is expected to be closed for the morning rush
More major roads are expected to close by Tuesday and not expected to reopen until late in the week due to rising waters on the major rivers. As major roads continue to close, updates will be provided to the public.
LAKE/RIVER LEVEL UPDATES-
BEAVER LAKE UPDATE AS OF 9:00 PM
Current stage 1131.01 feet
Normal level 1120.43 feet
Full flood pool 1130 feet
Crest forecast 1131.5 feet
Beaver has opened all seven gates to 6 feet for a release of 55,000 CFS into Table Rock Lake.
TABLE ROCK LAKE UPDATE AS OF 9:00 PM
Current stage 932.55 feet
Normal level 915 feet
Full flood pool 931 feet
Crest forecast 934 feet
Record crest 935 feet
62,500 CFS is being released from Table Rock Dam with 10 gates open to 4 ft. It could go to 63,500-65,000 CFS later tonight.
In 2015, the dam released 72,500 CFS at its peak.
LAKE TANEYCOMO UPDATE – AT 9:15 PM THE LEVEL WAS 711.5 FT. at the Branson Lakeside RV Park adjacent to the Taneycomo Bridge, in downtown Branson.
– The Power Pool for Lake Taneycomo is 701.3 feet above sea level.
– The waterfront road in the Campground is at 703.8 (an tone will sound on this site, when the level reaches 703.8).
– The Branson Landing waterfront boardwalk is at 715 feet.
– The Branson Landing Boulevard approach to the new Taneycomo Bridge is at 722 feet.
– Branson Landing Boulevard at Main Street is at 730 feet.
– The decks of the Historic Taneycomo Bridge and of the Highway 65 Bridge to Hollister are both at 750 feet.
– The intersection of Main Street and Commercial Street is at 765 feet.