FLOOD INFORMATION UPDATED AT 1:15 PM CT Monday 5/1/17
FLASH FLOOD WARNING for Branson and areas downstream of Lake Taneycomo in Southwestern Taney County until Noon Tuesday.
FLOOD WARNING for Stone and Taney Counties until 9:15 PM Monday
FLOOD WARNING for Barry County until 8:30 PM Tuesday
Branson Emergency Operations Center is open. Their number is 417-243-2791.
Branson residents who experienced flooding in 2015, or who are within 1 block of areas that experienced flooding in 2015, are encouraged to evacuate those areas now.
An evacuation center has been setup at United Methodist Church on West Highway 76.
Several area lodging facilities including Classic Motor Inn on Shepherd Of The Hills Expressway in Branson are offering discount lodging for displaced residents.
Portions of the parking areas, the fountain, and lower walkways at Branson Landing are flooded.
Fire Department personnel are doing damage surveys today to support the request for disaster declaration.
Strong winds today could cause downed trees due to saturated ground.
More rainfall is forecast for late Tuesday and Wednesday. Officials are monitoring the situation closely.
The City of Branson has closed Stockstill Park due to flooding. Waters from Roark Creek have washed mulch away from the playground,
damaged the asphalt walking path and ball field fences, and has deposited rock, gravel, limbs and other debris throughout the park.
The two ball fields and playground are closed, as well as the two larger pavilions adjacent to the ball fields.
All pavilion reservations scheduled at Stockstill will be moved to the Branson RecPlex. The section of the Roark Creek Trail that passes through the park is also closed, including the walking bridge over the creek.
Stockstill Park is expected to remain closed for several weeks for cleanup and restoration which will begin when the threat of flooding has passed.
Several additional city parks are currently closed due to flooding. Branson officials have issued the following information about Branson Parks:
• Alexander Park has been closed due to high water in the park.
• North Beach Park (north of Branson Landing) has been closed due to high water in the park.
• The Dog Gardner Golf Course is closed due to high water.
• The Branson Community Center will be open limited hours to serve a lunchtime meal only.
• The Branson Lakeside RV Park has been closed and recovery efforts will begin as soon as water subsides.
An evacuation center has been setup at the Old Middle School in Reeds Spring.
A Boil Order is in effect until further notice for Reeds Spring.
State Hwy 13 Kimberling City bridge is CLOSED.
MODOT has reopened the State Highway 86 bridge at Dogwood Canyon.
Currently, several major roadways in southwest Missouri continue to be impacted by high water. Here is a listing of those impacts:
· I-44 between Lebanon and Rolla: CLOSED between Mile Markers 129 and 186. Traffic is detoured. The closing will increase traffic on Route 60 east of Springfield. This will cause significant traffic delays.
Cross state travelers should avoid using I-44. Please use Interstate 70 between St. Louis and Kansas City and then use Interstate 49 to Joplin to reconnect to Interstate 44.
· Westbound Route 60 between Missouri Route 125 and Greene County Farm Road 213 between Springfield and Rogersville: Route 60 traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction and moved to the eastbound side of Route 60.
LAKE LEVEL UPDATES-
BEAVER LAKE UPDATE AS OF 1:00 PM
Current stage 1129.95 feet and slowly falling
Normal level 1120.43 feet
Full flood pool 1130 feet
Beaver is releasing 56,000 CFS into Table Rock Lake
TABLE ROCK LAKE UPDATE AS OF 1:00 PM
Current stage 934.51 feet and steady
Normal level 915 feet
Full flood pool 931 feet
Record crest 935 feet
Table rock is steadily releasing 63,900 CFS into Lake Taneycomo with all 10 gates open to 4 ft.
In 2015, the dam released 72,500 CFS at its peak.
LAKE TANEYCOMO UPDATE – AS OF 1:15 PM THE LEVEL WAS 712.4 FT. at the Branson Lakeside RV Park adjacent to the Taneycomo Bridge, in downtown Branson.
– The Power Pool for Lake Taneycomo is 701.3 feet above sea level.
– The waterfront road in the Campground is at 703.8 (an tone will sound on this site, when the level reaches 703.8).
– The Branson Landing waterfront boardwalk is at 715 feet.
– The Branson Landing Boulevard approach to the new Taneycomo Bridge is at 722 feet.
– Branson Landing Boulevard at Main Street is at 730 feet.
– The decks of the Historic Taneycomo Bridge and of the Highway 65 Bridge to Hollister are both at 750 feet.
– The intersection of Main Street and Commercial Street is at 765 feet.